One of my favourite things about blogging is all the FREE things bloggers get. (FYI, that’s a little bloggers joke, please don’t turn up at my house with pitchforks.)
One of my favourite other things is attending blogging conferences. I have been to a couple and they are great for bloggers for many reasons. You learn some great new things from bloggers that have been there and got the T-Shirt and you also get to meet some of your favourite bloggers face-to-face, rather than simply talking in 1’s and 0’s.
My favourite blogging conference to attend is BlogOnMSI. It’s small, friendly and always has some great speakers.
BlogOn was created by Laura from www.tiredmummyoftwo.co.uk. It was originally created as something for her to focus on but has turned into probably the most popular blogging conference north off the M25.
BlogOnMSI Winter on 25th September will be my 4th BlogOn and no matter what your blogging level it is a great conference to go to.
As I seem to do every time I go to blogOnMSI, here is a little bit about me courtesy of the BlogOnMSI linky hosted by Zoe Corkhill.
1. Share a recent photo of you (or a doodle!)
Disclaimer 1: This is a couple of years ago, I’m now fatter, older and balder…just FYI
Disclaimer 2: I’m the one in the moddle…just in case that wasn’t clear. 🙂
2. Describe yourself in five words or less
Big, Bearded, Balding and Black clothes wearing. (I ran out of adjectives beginning with B)
3. How long have you been blogging, and why did you start?
Started nearly 6 years ago to have a place to put down my thoughts and fears about becoming a dad.
4. What are you hoping to get out of Blog On?
See some good friends and learn. Everyday is a school day.
5. Name a few of your favourite blogs.
That’s a toughie…too many to mention.
6. What’s your favourite social media platform(s)… and what’s your username?
Twitter. Tried snapchat and got bored. Facebook sucks and I don’t have a face for YouTube.
7. Share a fact about you no-one would guess.
There’s a skinny person hiding inside of me…
8. What’s your favourite bit of tech?
Smartphone. I currently have an LG G4 and it amazes me that a device that was originally just a 2 way communication device now enables you to do hundreds of things all in the palm of your hand. (Annoyingly the day before I published this post my phone broke)
9. If you won the lottery, how would you spend your winnings?
Quickly! I imagine I would buy a plot of land and build our very own family village where we all live close to each other and the kids can play safely.
10. If you could host a talk show, who would be your first guest?
Movie Director Kevin Smith. Not only does he talk A LOT, which means I wouldn’t have too, his story is pretty amazing from making a movie with his friends to having a whole catalogue of movies and TV shows to his name. Just shows if you want something, you can make it happen.
11. Share a funny (or favourite) memory from your life.
Hard to think as my kids are crazy so we do have a lot of laughter.
12. What is your favourite book (or film if you’re not a big reader) and why?
From Dusk till dawn, NO! Bad Boys…NO! Shawshank redemption….NO! Green Mile……NO! I.T……NO! I could go all day.
13. What picture is on your phone/tablet lock screen?
I have a picture (I can’t show you because my phone is broke) of both my boys smiling. Sounds normal but it isn’t easy to get my kids to smile nicely naturally!!
14. If you had an hour of time all to yourself, how would you spend it?
Probably watch a movie or TV show. Takes me too long to get to sleep to take a nap!
15. What’s the best bit of advice you’ve ever been given?
It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.
So there you have it. Another ‘About Me’ post.